Thursday, June 9, 2011

the good, bad, and ugly

This is DEFINELTY ugly. I am not going to do a drum roll today..no reason to keep you on the edge of your seats for a defeat. Yes, food won this week. I gained .8 pounds. I am sad to say, I expected a bigger gain than that. I celebrated my brothers wedding all weekend....and kept going back for some delicious desserts.

To be honest, I almost did not walk into the weight watcher meeting, out of shame. But, I knew that would not be holding myself accountable. I also did NOT want to post this blog....out of embarrassment...but maybe a lil chastizing will do me some good....Feel free to throw in some 'hey lardbutts" in your comments....maybe it will make me feel guilty enough to not eat poorly.....or I guess it could send me into a depression where only snickers and mint chocolate chip ice cream can console me....

Fortunately, I don't have anything to celebrate big, until July 4th. HOPEFULLY, I can stick to my guns the next few weeks, and get the scales moving in the OTHER direction.

Sorry this post isn't as entertaining, I am too busy dreaming of ho-ho's and cookies....errr maybe that is my problem....THINKING about food I can't have....I just wish I could have the same desire for a strawberry as I do for a banana split. Oh crap, yeah I had one of those too this week....GEESH

See, i have NO willpower! Where can I find willpower? Anyone sell it around here? I would pay top dollar for it.

Ok, to sum this all up. Food 1 and Dori 1. yes, we are tied. Next week, hopefully, I will be back on top, and showing food that I am in charge of IT , Food is NOT in charge of me!

2 comments:

  1. Make yourself stick to it without cheating at all for one whole week...you'll see a good loss, and be motivated to do it again the next week. OR be really crazy and cut out diet pop for a week....jump start yourself. A 0.8 lb gain, isn't bad considering--- so don't beat yourself up! :) You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that was a point 8 gain?? I missed the "point"...I read it as 8 lbs! I thought "Dori, there weren't that many desserts!!" Hang in there...I've got to get back to serious again after all the celebrations are over. I didn't gain any but haven't lost any in about 3 weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Followers